Services We Provide
We offer a wide variety of performances, broken down into two categories, Major & Minor engagements.
Major engagements include such elements as:
- Staged battles (swordplay between up to 6 pirates)
- Rollicking fights that can be customized to be as humorous or as bloodthirsty as you desire! We specialize in a strong narrative and will be happy to work in elements of your choice, such as including you in the story!
- Black powder weapons demonstrations (Pistols, rifles & cannons)
- Our Black powder experts will illustrate the use of common (and uncommon) muzzle loading black powder weapons. You too can experience the smell of powder in the air and the thunder of cannons!
- Fire dance & performance (poi, staff, fire fans, fleshing)
- From the traditional to the modern, our performers will entrance you with their skill and training. Performances can be tailored to meet your needs, from pure showmanship to the more traditional and sensual, all of our performances are sure to delight.
Minor engagements can be easily added to any performance for a small fee. They include:
- A swashbuckling fight between two pirates! As with Stage battles above, these are highly customizable and we love to work the audience in to our performances. We frequently fight over the right to toast birthday celebrants.
- Living history and education segment
- Ever wondered just what a sextant is, or perhaps a backstaff? The historians of PDXYAR not only can, but would be happy to tell you! We bring props and devices suitable to your event, set up our own table and will gladly regale you with tales of tea, molasses and sailing for as long as you would like. Special presentations can be prepared with notice if you’d like to learn about a particular aspect of The Golden Age of Piracy.
- A unique interactive gaming program perfectly suited for either a pub or an outdoor setting.
- An activity near and dear to the heart of any pirate or privateer (and many a sailor as well,) PDXYAR has extensively researched a number of traditional games played during The Golden Age of Piracy. We’ve recreated many of these games and will bring with us enough games and privateers to confound the King’s Navy! With notice we can stage a tournament if you’d like to challenge the PDXYAR Games Champion to a game for the title!
- Musical group (traditional sea shanties, pub songs, etc)
- Shanty Mistress Greta has painstakingly researched shanties so you don’t have to! Whether it’s a traditional Hauling shanty or Windlass and Capstan shanties you want, PDXYAR will sing for our supper. Or until you pay us to stop.
- Variety acts including, but not limited to; Juggling (as privateers we’re used to keeping a lot of balls in the air at one time), Belly dance (primarily tribal fusion for the curious), Fortune telling (for amusement purposes only, we in no way offer legal, financial or other advice. We’re privateers, after all), Whip cracking (guaranteed to break the sound barrier!) and Precision knife & tomahawk throwing. (No really, our insurers demanded the precision part.)
We are available for
- Corporate events: It’s okay, mates, we’re all privateers here!
- School programs
- Special events such as a “Pirate/Privateer day”
- Educational programs – our curriculum is closely based off that of our friends Cap’n Slappy and Ol’ Chumbucket, creators of International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Curriculum available upon request and can easily be tailored to your needs.
- Festivals: Including Renaissance faires (There have ALWAYS been pirates!)
- Fund Raisers: Because let’s face it, we are wealth redistribution specialists!
- Grand Openings/Open Houses/Promotions: Nothing draws attention like pirates!
- Birthday Parties: As large or as small as you want.
- Looting, Pillaging & General Mayhem: A specialty.
Don’t see it on the list, send us your idea and we will see what we can do.
To contact PDXYAR click here.